BMW PERFORMANCE CENTER DELIVERY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Listed below are some common questions regarding the new-vehicle delivery program offered by the BMW Performance Center. For additional help, call us at 1-888-345-4BMW or email PerformanceCenterDelivery@bmwmc.com.
- What is the BMW Performance Center Delivery Program?
- What is the cost of the Delivery Program?
- Where is the BMW Performance Center located?
- Which models can be delivered to the BMW Performance Center?
- Who qualifies for delivery at the BMW Performance Center?
- Does the “Destination and Handling Fee” still apply?
- Are customer vehicles completely detailed prior to delivery?
- Is the vehicle transported to a customer's home after delivery?
- When should a customer plan to arrive for delivery?
- What accommodations are included with the Delivery Program?
- How will arrangements be made at the Greenville Marriott?
- Which airport and airlines are available?
- Where can a one-way rental car be returned?
- Which airport should be utilized for private flights?
- What if a customer chooses to arrive in South Carolina by train?
- On which days is the Delivery Program offered?
- What if a customer is looking to take delivery on a specific date?
- What time does the Delivery Program start and end?
- What types of driving exercises will customers experience?
- Whose vehicles are used during driving exercises?
1. What is the BMW Performance Center Delivery Program?
A unique opportunity for the owner and one guest to fully experience BMW culture. Included in the program is a complimentary one-night stay (including meals) at a luxurious hotel, professional driving instruction in a BMW similar to the one ordered, a personalized vehicle delivery presentation by a BMW Product Specialist and a tour of both the BMW Zentrum museum and Manufacturing Plant when available.
2. What is the cost of the Delivery Program?
Taking delivery at the BMW Performance Center is a no-cost option for both the customer and the BMW Retail Center. However, customers are responsible for the cost of their personal travel to and from South Carolina.
3. Where is the BMW Performance Center located?
The BMW Performance Center is located at 1155 Highway 101, South Greer, SC 29651. The Delivery Program is not available at our Thermal, CA location.
4. Which models can be delivered to the BMW Performance Center?
The program is available for any new BMW model currently in production. To be eligible, customers must order vehicles from an authorized BMW Retail Center within the United States. Ineligible vehicles include CPO, BMWs sold off the dealer lot, MINI and Rolls-Royce.
5. Who qualifies for delivery at the BMW Performance Center?
The program is available to the vehicle owner and one guest. Customers who are U.S. residents (18 years of age or older with a valid U.S. driver's license) registering the vehicle at a valid U.S. address can take delivery. Participants will be required to sign a waiver to participate as a driver or passenger in any BMW Performance Center vehicle. Additional participants cannot be added.
Customers younger than 18 years of age must posses a valid driver’s license/permit and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Participants must be at least 12 years of age to ride in a vehicle and attend the factory tour (proof of age must be presented at our facility, such as a birth certificate or valid state-issued ID).
6. Does the “Destination and Handling Fee” still apply?
Yes. This fee applies to all BMW models regardless of whether the vehicle is delivered at the selling BMW Retail Center or at the BMW Performance Center.
7. Are customer vehicles completely detailed prior to delivery?
Yes, we hand-wash and wax each vehicle with approved BMW products.
8. Is the vehicle transported to a customer's home after delivery?
No. Arrangements and cost for transport can be discussed with your BMW Retail Center. The Retail Center must contact the BMW Performance Center at least two weeks prior to the scheduled delivery date for additional details and required documentation.
9. When should a customer plan to arrive for delivery?
Customers typically arrive the day prior to delivery. Plan to be at the Performance Center at 8 a.m. the day of your delivery.
10. What accommodations are included with the Delivery Program?
You and one guest will be provided a one-night stay at the Greenville Marriott*, located at 1 Parkway East in Greenville, South Carolina, the day before your scheduled delivery. The hotel restaurant will serve dinner the night of your arrival. Reservations will be taken up until 10 p.m. A limited menu will be available at the bar from 10–11 p.m. for guests arriving late.
For customers arriving after 11 p.m., prior arrangements can be made with the BMW Performance Center to have the hotel place a deli tray in the customer's room. Please make these arrangements when submitting your travel information after scheduling your Performance Center Delivery.
On the morning of your delivery, the hotel restaurant serves breakfast starting at 6:30 a.m. Lunch on the day of delivery is provided at the BMW Performance Center.
*Please note: The Greenville Marriott is a smoke and pet free hotel. Customers can arrange/pay for pet lodging, available at several kennels in the area.
11. How will arrangements be made at the Greenville Marriott?
The BMW Performance Center will make arrangements for customers to stay at the Greenville Marriott. For any concerns regarding accommodations, please email the BMW Performance Center at Performancecenterdelivery@bmwmc.com
12. Which airport and airlines are available?
Customers flying into South Carolina should utilize the Greenville/Spartanburg International Airport (GSP).Visit www.gspairport.com for more details.
Pickup at GSP is provided by the Greenville Marriott courtesy shuttle by calling (864) 297-0300 upon arrival. Shuttle service is available from 5:00 am thru 12:00 midnight.
13. Where can a one-way rental car be returned?
There are many car rental companies located at the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). Please check with the applicable rental agency for confirmation of all drop-offs. For more car rental information at GSP, visit www.gspairport.com.
Pickup at GSP is provided by the Greenville Marriott courtesy shuttle by calling (864) 297-0300 upon arrival. Shuttle service is available from 5:00 a.m. thru 12:00 a.m. The hotel is located 3.5 miles from the airport.
14. Which airport should be utilized for private flights?
Customers choosing to fly a private plane into Greenville will be directed to land at Cerulean Aviation, (864) 655-5221, located adjacent to the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport.
Pickup at Cerulean Aviation is provided by the Greenville Marriott courtesy shuttle by calling (864) 297-0300 and is available from 5:00 a.m. thru 12:00 a.m.
15. What if a customer chooses to arrive in South Carolina by train?
The customer’s final destination should be the Greenville, SC Train Station.Pickup will be provided by the Greenville Marriott courtesy shuttle by calling (864) 297-0300 upon arrival. Shuttle service is available from 5:00 a.m. thru 12:00 a.m. Pickup is not available for customers choosing to arrive at the Spartanburg, SC Train Station.
16. On which days is the Delivery Program offered?
The BMW Performance Center Delivery Program is available to customers Monday thru Friday. There may be some black-out dates throughout the year due to holidays, driving school programs and other events that utilize the facility. The BMW Performance Center may close on multiple dates to observe New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
17. What if a customer is looking to take delivery on a specific date?
The BMW Performance Center makes every effort to accommodate customer delivery requests for a specific date. When submitting a Performance Center Delivery Reservation form, the customer's Client Advisor can indicate a desired timeframe. Delivery dates will be determined based on the vehicle's production date and our availability.
18. What time does the Delivery Program start and end?
Customers and guests who are driving to the BMW Performance Center should plan to arrive at the facility on their delivery date no later than 8:00 a.m.
For customers staying at the Greenville Marriott prior to delivery, the hotel courtesy shuttle will leave for the BMW Performance Center promptly at 7:45 a.m.
Customers and their guests can expect to rotate as pairs through three different two-hour modules of driving instruction, factory tour and vehicle delivery presentation. Typically, the BMW Performance Center Delivery Program concludes no later than 3 p.m.
19. What types of driving exercises will customers experience?
After a brief classroom session with a BMW Driving Instructor, customers will get behind the wheel of a BMW Performance Center Fleet vehicle that is similar to the vehicle purchased. Customers will participate in handling, braking and traction control driving exercises.
All customers will also have the opportunity to explore a BMW X vehicle’s capabilities on the BMW Performance Center’s off-road course.
20. Whose vehicles are used during driving exercises?
The Performance Center provides all vehicles used for any driving exercise. Customers are not permitted to drive their own vehicles on the track.