BMW U.S. RIDER ACADEMY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Listed below are some common questions regarding riding programs offered by motorrad.
For additional help, please call us at 1-888-345-4BMW.
- How can I book a course?
- Are classes with sport bikes offered?
- Can I ride my own motorcycle at the BMW U.S. Rider Academy?
- Are there any requirements for attending the school?
- What kind of clothing should I wear to the school?
- Can I rent riding gear from the BMW U.S. Rider Academy?
- How large is the average class?
- How much riding time do I get in a full day?
- Do you cancel an event because of inclement weather?
- Are any classes available on the West Coast?
- What is your cancellation policy?
1. How can I book a course?
To book any U.S Rider Academy class, please call 1-888-345-4BMW. Online booking is not available.
2. Are classes with sport bikes offered?
No. However, our On-Road class teaches many techniques used for any kind of motorcycle.
3. Can I ride my own motorcycle at the BMW U.S. Rider Academy?
Only if your personal motorcycle is a BMW. No other makes and models are permitted on the course.
4. Are there any requirements for attending the school?
You must have a valid motorcycle license and insurance, and be a skilled, experienced rider.
5. What kind of clothing should I wear to the school?
You must have eyes and all of your skin covered. Helmets, gloves and boots are required. Protective Jacket and Pants are recommended.
6. Can I rent riding gear from the BMW U.S. Rider Academy?
We do not loan or rent any gear. Riders must bring their own riding jackets, boots, and pants.
7. How large is the average class?
Our average class size is 12 people.
8. How much riding time do I get in a full day?
All classes start at 8 am and go until about 4:30 pm. Morning classroom sessions average 45 minutes, and there is a half-hour lunch break around 12:30 pm. Before each exercise, an instructor will go over the objective with you for 10 to 15 minutes. Otherwise, you are behind the handlebars of an Ultimate Riding Machine.®
9. Do you cancel an event because of inclement weather?
Every event we have scheduled is held rain or shine, so bring clothing appropriate for the day’s activities. If severe weather does cause us to close, we will reschedule your event for a later date.
10. Are any classes available on the West Coast?
Not currently. However, you may visit www.superbikeschool.com, located in California, which operates a fleet of BMW S 1000 RR supersport bikes.
11. What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations for a full refund must be made within 120 days of your payment date. Cancellations made after the 120 days of payment will receive a credit to use toward another date or event. There will be no rescheduling if the cancellation is made within 14 days of your school or event.