MINI DRIVING EXPERIENCE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Listed below are some common questions regarding driving programs offered by mini.
For additional help, please call us at 1-888-345-4BMW.
- Which MINI models are available at the Mini Driving Experience?
- Are classes with manual transmissions offered?
- Can I drive my own MINI in a MINI class?
- Are there any MINI classes offered on the east coast?
- Are there any requirements for attending the Mini Driving Experience?
- Is the track set up like an autocross?
- How can I book a Group or Corporate Event?
- How large is the average class?
- How much driving time do I get in a full day?
- Do you cancel an event because of inclement weather?
- Can I pick up my new MINI at the Mini Driving Experience?
- What is your cancellation policy?
1. Which MINI models are available at the Mini Driving Experience?
We feature the John Cooper Works Hardtop 2 Door model.
2. Are classes with manual transmissions offered?
While we do not offer traditional manual transmissions, our vehicles are equipped with the latest performance automatic transmissions that offer manual control.
3. Can I drive my own MINI in a MINI class?
All classes require the use of a Mini Driving Experience vehicle.
4. Are there any MINI classes offered on the east coast?
No. Mini Driving Experience classes are featured exclusively at the Thermal Club.
5. Are there any requirements for attending the Mini Driving Experience?
All drivers must hold a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years old. No prior performance-driving experience is required.
6. Is the track set up like an autocross?
The track will have sections set up with cones; however, most events take place on road courses.
7. How can I book a Group or Corporate Event?
Since each experience is custom tailored to your specific needs, we ask that you call the Mini Driving Experience at 1-888-345-4BMW to book any special event.
8. How large is the average class?
Class sizes average from 12 to 15 people. If you would like to book a specific date that is already full, please contact the Mini Driving Experience at 1-888-345-4BMW to have your name put on a waiting list.
9. How much driving time do I get in a full day?
All classes start at 8 am and go until about 4:30 pm. MINI Driving Experience classroom sessions average 45 minutes, and there is a half-hour lunch break around 12:30 pm. Before each exercise, an instructor will go over the objective with you for 10 to 15 minutes. Otherwise, you are behind the wheel of a MINI.
10. Do you cancel an event because of inclement weather?
Every event we have scheduled is held rain or shine, so bring clothing appropriate for the day’s activities. If severe weather does cause us to close, we will reschedule your event for a later date.
11. Can I pick up my new MINI at the Mini Driving Experience?
Not currently. All new vehicles must be delivered at your MINI dealer.
12. What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations for a full refund must be made within 120 days of your payment date. Cancellations made after the 120 days of payment will receive a credit to use toward another date or event. There will be no rescheduling if the cancellation is made within 14 days of your school or event.