BMW ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
BMWPerformanceCenter.com is committed to providing a website that is accessible for people with disabilities. To meet this commitment, we are continually improving the user experience to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
Measures to support accessibility
BMWPerformanceCenter.com takes the following measures to assess and ensure accessibility of our website:
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff;
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities;
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
Whenever possible, BMWPerformanceCenter.com will adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 levels A and AA, which defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
BMWPerformanceCenter.com uses the following browsers and assistive technology for conformance with accessibility standards:
- MacOS using the latest Safari browser version and VoiceOver as the assistive technology
- Windows using the latest Firefox browser version and NVDA as the assistive technology
Conformance with accessibility standards for BMWPerformanceCenter.com relies on the following technologies:
The following tools have been utilized by BMWPerformanceCenter.com to implement and ensure the accessibility of our website:
- Standards for browsers
- Color contrast checker
- Keyboard navigation
- Screen reader compatibility
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of BMWPerformanceCenter.com, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations.
- Alternative text for decorative elements: Though we do provide textual alternative for most of our non-text content, we omit in instances where it results in duplicative content.
- Captions and/or transcripts for media: For videos and live audio that do not have spoken text, we do not provide captions and a transcript.
- Carousels: BMWPerformanceCenter.com's usage of carousels incorporate elements like alternative text and manual scrolling for improved accessibility, but some users might experience technical limitations.
- Font styling: Headings and text legibility may be compromised to adhere to corporate branding. This includes headings formatted in all caps and text placed over media.
- Font size: To increase legibility, enlarge content by using your native browser functionality.
Please note that BMWPerformanceCenter.com is not responsible for the accessibility of the content on any third-party website, owned and operated by an independent party over which BMWPerformanceCenter.com has no control. This includes, but is not limited to, dealer websites affiliated with BMW.
We welcome your feedback relating to improving the accessibility of our website. Please don't hesitate to contact us at:
- Phone: 800-831-1117
- Email: email@example.com